Thursday, June 16, 2011

Septic wiring - 5 - torque

Previously: grounding

I wasn't sure about how to torque the wire lugs properly. I have a simple torque wrench that I used for motorcycle work long ago. 


It works fine with sockets, but it's unwieldy for turning screws. I wanted to hand-torque everything, but as I read about it, it seemed like a good idea to get the torque right. Plus, an inspector could reject the work if the torque wasn't right.



I wrote down the torque values I used and printed up a torque schedule for the inspector, along with a summary of the work I did. I heard a story of an inspector who took one look at a torque schedule and told the electrician "this is all I need to see" and passed him. I figured I needed all the help I could get.

No comments:

Post a Comment