Thursday, March 10, 2011

Phone service - part 1

Now that the power post is up, I figured it was a good time to ask the telephone company to hook us up. I don't really know how this works, as they don't publish a bunch of instructions online like the power company does.

I ordered service from them today and they said it'll be installed within a week. They didn't ask if there was conduit already (there is) or how far it is from their box to where the demarcation point should be (it's 100') or where the demarcation box should go (on the same post as the power, please). I made it clear that this is bare land.

I expect a lot of chaos here. I figured I should start this process early, so things have time to sort themselves out. I don't mind it taking a while, as I can live without this service for a bit.

I'll keep you posted, dear reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment